Please login if you would like to contribute. Search | Active Topics |

JavaScript API Options
Max.Averbukh
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 3:15:07 PM

Java API is exposed, but not the JavaScript API. How do I get an equivalent of this in JavaScript:

Application:
DeviceStatus getChangeMonitoringStatus()
DeviceStatus getLogMonitoringStatus()
DeviceStatus getRetrievalStatus()

I was trying to augment the Inventory sample report and found that Java API does not match JavaScript API. Perhaps, I did not find the right link on the Nexus site.

Thanks,
Max

Max.Averbukh
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:00:57 PM

For clarification:
JavaScript based Inventory example makes this call "application.getDataCollector();".
Java reference (https://nexus.firemon.com/javadoc/com/sp/generated/xml/firemon/ApplicationType.html#getDataCollectorId%28%29) says that this call should be "application.getDataCollectorID();". There is a difference in syntax between the two APIs.
I am asking if Firemon would provide/expose the JavaScript API for a more rapid deployment, as I would have to rewrite the Inventory report example in Java.

What is the JavaScript equivalent for these Java API commands:

application.getRetrievalStatus();
application.getLogMonitoringStatus();

Thank you,
Max
support
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:00:24 PM

Bump

Trying to do pull the exact same 3 data strings with the exact same 'Device Inventory Report' sample.

For testing purposes I just tried editing the .js Description column to be repurposed just to return log monitoring status.
from
Code:

var description = host.getDescription();

to
Code:

var description = application.getLogMonitoringStatus();

I did bother to hunt it down in the schema which somewhat explains to me why it doesn't work but I've just been trying to play with this on my own without experience:

Quote:
DeviceStatusCollection: DeviceStatuses > LogMonitoringStatus > DeviceStatusItems > Status

jason.nowak
#4 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 2:12:49 PM

Hello,

I have forwarded your API forum post to our development team, for further information.